The National Alliance on Mental Illness is the largest grassroots organization in the country which is devoted to seeking and upholding the best quality of life for those living with mental illness and their caregivers. National Headquarters are located in Washington, D.C. All 50 States have State Headquarters, with ours located in Columbus, OH. The local Affiliate, NAMI of LORAIN COUNTY, has its office located at 6125 South Broadway, Lorain, OH 44053.
Membership not only supports this organization but also brings other rewards, including:
- A subscription to the National NAMI Magazine
- A subscription to the NAMI – OHIO Magazine
- A subscription to NAMI of Lorain County quarterly newsletter
- Access, via the NAMI-NATIONAL WEBSITE to the largest database in the country containing up-to-date FACT SHEETS on major types of mental illness, recent scientific reports of research devoted to mental illness topics, and a myriad of other relevant publications. There are links to important web sites on Faith and Mental Illness, NAMI WALKS, NAMI EDUCATION AND SUPPORT.
- Timely information on NAMI of LORAIN COUNTY meetings and special events, as well as updates on educational and support group offerings.